Summer Course in Design Experience: Colours, Materials, Forms and Texture.
Summer and Winter courses - Milan
The Summer Course in Design Experience: Colours, Materials, Forms and Texture course introduces elements of Italian design, investigating contemporary Made in Italy projects and trends.
Applicants will approach the design field exploring emotional, expressive and sensorial value of Italian design in a laboratory-based course. A monthly experience that inclines participants towards design.
Learning synergies are created through traditional lectures, meetings and discussions with industry professionals, class projects, and site visits to showrooms, shops and exhibitions as well as the completion of a final work and presentation. Milan, the capital of Italian design, will serve as classroom to observe and analyze current creative and commercial realities and trends.
Start date: July 2017 / Language: English
Level and Pre-requisites: Introductory course specifically designed for students with no prior knowledge or experience in the discipline. However, applicants should show motivation and interest in approaching the world of design: product and interior, and reveal ability to work in groups. This introductory course is an excellent way to transition to an IED three-year program.
- Acquisition of basic knowledge of the latest trends research;
- Acquisition of preliminary knowledge of sensitivity towards colours, material and finishing;
- Understanding and application of research based project development;
- Experience working as part of an international student team effort in order to plan and execute the final project;
- Acquisition of time organization skills.
• Italian design: contemporary trends;
• Introduction to CMF: Colours, Materials and Finishings;
• Modelling and design experience workshop
• Onsite design research and analyzis
The faculty comprises experts and professionals with the ability to teach applied skills and a constant stream of innovation. Each individual course is run in direct contact with and supported by companies operating in the fields in question.