Summer Course Drawing Venice - New Interpretation of the Classic CityStart date
: July / Duration
: 4 Weeks / Language
Drawing Venice brings together students of diverse creative and artistic backgrounds to capture Venice through a classic sketchbook course which connects the past and present examining the architectural, natural and social realities that make up the urban context of this most famous of cities.
The course combines the historic and contemporary context of the drawing venues with the development of the creative process and refinement of personal technique and style. Highlights of the course include lectures inside the Venice 2014 Biennale for Architecture and a drawing assignments documenting the annual Festa del Rendentore.
Schedule: This course meets Monday to Thursday with morning and afternoon sessions for a total of 75 contact hours.
Level and Pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites or specialized skills necessary for this course. In preparation students should familiarize themselves with the historical and architectural context of Venice as well as the basic principles of architectural styles and drawing: Biennale di Venezia – Architecture 2014
Learning Outcomes: Acquisition of new skills; technical as well as observational; Development of basic drawing skills, including composition, form, perspective, organization of the page; Understanding and appreciation of the connection between social, economic and political circumstance and Venetian urban development and architecture; Ability to progress from the creative and artistic conceptualization to finished work.
Topics Covered: Venetian cultural and architectural history, conservation and environmental issues unique to Venice, architecture as a subject, drawing materials and techniques, languages of drawing, point of view, perspective, sketching in situ “en plein air”, use of critique as part of the learning process and creative artistic development. Development of a drawing “portfolio”.
IED - Las ventajas de estudiar en el Istituto Europeo di Design son:
- Crear y diseñar con personas de diferentes países y culturas.
- Conectar con profesionales expertos en campos muy diversos.
- Tener la oportunidad de conocer a personas destacadas del arte, el cine, la investigación e instituciones culturales a través de la asistencia a conferencias organizadas por el IED.
- Participación activa en talleres impartidos por profesionales de renombre internacionales.
- El desafío de cada alumno del IED es beneficiarse de la confluencia de estos estímulos y culturas, para construir así su propio camino personal.