Sport Marketing (M.A.)
: Degree Master of Arts
Duration of Study
: 3 semesters for applicants with 210 ECTS
3 semesters plus 1 Pre Semester course for applicants with 180 ECTS
: 90, 30 (Pre-Semester)
: University/B.A. degree with at least 180 ECTS and an average grade of at least 2.5, TOEFL test (at least 81 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable, curriculum vitae – signed personally, letter of recommendation (by your lecturer or employer), personal motivation statement, personal interview with a selection panel/skype interview for international students
Open Media Master M.A., Specialisation Sport Marketing (M.A.)
Do you want to become a manager for sports organizations and events
Nowadays sports organizations turn over billions of Euros whereas others rely on volunteers. The industry is multifaceted and emotional. Fandom is constitutive for the industry and not a marketing target. A variety of characteristics makes it necessary to take a deeper look behind the scenes instead of applying existing models from other industries to the sports business.
The sports industry is more than entertainment. Students acquire sound knowledge about the characteristics of the sports business and the differences to others industries. They learn how to modify existing theories and models as well as how to apply their knowledge to challenges of the day to day business.
As a student you are not exclusively trained for the sports business. Your challenge is to understand and to make use of models and case studies for different environments. You will gain the expertise to work in the field of marketing for sports organizations as well as in the field of marketing with sports organizations for all types of companies.
Potential careers with this M.A
Prerequisites and Pre-Semester course
- Sport Marketing Consultant
- Sport Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- Sponsoring Manager
To begin a master’s programme, you require at least 210 ECTS. If you have completed your bachelor’s degree with 180 ECTS, Macromedia University offers the option of obtaining the extra 30 ECTS needed in a Pre-Semester course.
The Pre-Semester course is an attendance-based course that starts in the winter semester to ensure you can begin the master’s programme in the summer semester without any difficulty.
Your benefits at Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15*
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision
- Globally recognised, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA
- Campuses in Berlin & Munich: two of the Top 5 “Most Affordable Cities for Students 2015” worldwide**
- Authentic, practice oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers
- International students from all continents
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation
- Master’s degree on three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday)
- Pre-Semester course available online
- Buddy network for international students
- Several Programmes entirely in English
- Campus locations situated in the very centre of Germany’s industrial locations
- Worldwide network of Partner Universities
Developments in our society follow the rhythm of technological progress, between the cornerstones of globalization and mediatization.
Macromedia University of Applied Sciences follows these developments in its capacity as a university and conceives itself as a place for reflecting on all aspects of media society. Our courses of study cover the broad spectrum of modern media careers, from management and content jobs such as journalism, to the creative fields of design, gaming and film and television. Our teaching is informed by the core idea of training students to the highest level professionally, but also giving them individual support in their personal development.