Media and Communication Management (M.A.)
: Master of Arts
Duration of Study
: 3 semesters for applicants with 210 ECTS
3 semesters plus 1 Pre Semester course for applicants with 180 ECTS
: 90, 30 (Pre-Semester)
: University/B.A. degree with at least 180 ECTS and an average grade of at least 2.5, TOEFL test (at least 81 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable, curriculum vitae – signed personally, letter of recommendation (by your lecturer or employer), personal motivation statement, personal interview with a selection panel/skype interview for international students
Open Media Master M.A., Specialisation Media and Communication Management (M.A.)
In the media sector there is a great demand for managers with strategic skills. This is because the successful management of a media business and the development of media products require an extremely broad knowledge of social trends and developments combined with business management expertise. Decision makers with sound judgement are in demand. The Master's degree in Media and Communication Management is aimed at outstanding graduates from the fields of business administration, communication science or related areas and young professionals from agencies, communications departments, marketing and media companies, who wish to hold technical and management positions.
The course, which takes a firm cross-media approach, develops entrepreneurial thinking and working. All facets of strategic and operational management are combined with a deeper knowledge of business administration, comprehensive project know-how and practical application to case studies. Students learn to see media development in the overall context of social change. Graduates are not only able to understand the media but also to shape and direct them.
Students who choose the Media and Communication Management stream can further specialize in the following areas:
Prerequisites and Pre-Semester course
- Brand Management
- Corporate Communication
- Culture and Creative Industries
- Corporate Publishing
- Digital Entrepreneurship
To begin a master’s programme, you require at least 210 ECTS. If you have completed your bachelor’s degree with 180 ECTS, Macromedia University offers the option of obtaining the extra 30 ECTS needed in a Pre-Semester course.
The Pre-Semester course is an attendance-based course that starts in the winter semester to ensure you can begin the master’s programme in the summer semester without any difficulty.
Your benefits at Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision
- Globally recognised, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA
- Campuses in Berlin & Munich: two of the Top 5 “Most Affordable Cities for Students 2015” worldwide
- Authentic, practice oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers
- International students from all continents
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation
- Master’s degree on three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday)
- Pre-Semester course available online
- Buddy network for international students
- Several Programmes entirely in English
- Campus locations situated in the very centre of Germany’s industrial locations
- Worldwide network of Partner Universities
Developments in our society follow the rhythm of technological progress, between the cornerstones of globalization and mediatization.
Macromedia University of Applied Sciences follows these developments in its capacity as a university and conceives itself as a place for reflecting on all aspects of media society. Our courses of study cover the broad spectrum of modern media careers, from management and content jobs such as journalism, to the creative fields of design, gaming and film and television. Our teaching is informed by the core idea of training students to the highest level professionally, but also giving them individual support in their personal development.