International Management (B.A.)
Duration of Study
: 7 Semester, 1 Semester Abroad
: Recognized school leaving certificate, personal interview, submission of complete application documents with work samples where applicable.
Business without Borders
Globalization and the speed of information in the 21st century has increasingly challenged established companies in regards to their processes and the way they have been operating. From the manufacturers, retailers, service providers to the consumers – old structures have more than once been turned upside down. The big economic crisis of 2008 has shown how quickly entire countries can slip into a recession. Modern and cross skilled management skills (T shaped qualifications) have become vital in today’s internationalised economy where media and the speed of communication have become as important as the fundamentals of good business administration.
The International Management Degree Programme is one of 4 streams of specialization as part of the Management Bachelor Program and is aimed at students who would like to study management with a strong international and media focus at Germany’s largest private University for Media and Communication.
Students of the International management program will be prepared for a career in business administration, human resource management, distribution and marketing, public relations, corporate finance as well as controlling or as a corporate strategist.
A set of electives will allow you to deepen your expertize in the areas of Commerce, Service Management or International innovation management.
Learning by doing
Throughout the course, you will carry out practical projects where the theoretical knowledge will be applied to real life scenarios, usually in co-operation with external businesses and partner companies.
Internship: Macromedia cooperates with a large number of renowned companies where you will spend a full semester as an intern under the supervision of your professors. This is a very important part of the course which will give you the opportunity to gain your first practical experience and to start networking with the industry.
Study abroad: The programme also includes one semester abroad at one of our international partner universities of your choice (Macromedia University’s 6+1 programme).
Your benefits at Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision
- Globally recognised, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA
- Campuses in Berlin & Munich
- Authentic, practice-oriented projects
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers
- International students
- Career perspective in Germany
- Buddy network for international students
- Programmes entirely in English
- Campus locations situated in Germany’s industrial centres
- International network of Partner Universities
- Management Theory and Concepts
- Introduction to Trade Law
- and Corporate Governance
- Scientifi c Research and Project Management
- Corporate Accounting and Business Mathematics
- Pricing and Promotion
- Business English
- Management Accounting and Business Intelligence
- Introduction to Logistics and Production
- Value Chain Processes
- Human Resource Management
- Brand Psychology
- Specialisation: Retail and Service Industry
- The Service Experience
- Semester abroad
- Intercultural Communication
- Business Planning
- Return on Investment
- Financing and Due Diligence
- Specialisation: Forms of Services
- Value Chain in the Service Industry
- Online Services
- Current Affairs in Management
- International Management
- Specialisation: Trends
- Innovation Concepts
- Current Affairs in International Management
- Internship and internship report
- Soft and communication skills
- Student project
- Bachelor thesis
- Information Management
- Strategy and Organisation
- Systems and Processes in Corporations
Developments in our society follow the rhythm of technological progress, between the cornerstones of globalization and mediatization.
Macromedia University of Applied Sciences follows these developments in its capacity as a university and conceives itself as a place for reflecting on all aspects of media society. Our courses of study cover the broad spectrum of modern media careers, from management and content jobs such as journalism, to the creative fields of design, gaming and film and television. Our teaching is informed by the core idea of training students to the highest level professionally, but also giving them individual support in their personal development.